The North Star provides safe and comfortable housing for 15 women while offering a convenient location to shopping and downtown Kerrville. The North Star has been newly renovated and the family environment helps women to develop lifelong friendships.
- Located in central Kerrville, within walking distance to grocery store, restaurants, & meetings
- House has 15 beds (4 private rooms, 2 semi-private rooms, 2 double rooms, 1 triple room)
- House has 3 full baths
- Each bed has their own dresser and plenty of closet space
- House is very clean and nicely furnished
- Flat screen TV in living room with cable & DVR, blue-ray & netflix
- Wireless internet & house computer with printer/scanner
- Cell phones and laptops welcome
- House phone with unlimited long distance
- All ages are welcome. Sorry, no children or pets.
Rent - $545 per month
We suggest a 90 day commitment.
Rent is $545 is paid in full on the 1st or $275 paid on the 1st and the 15th of the month. Prorated rent is $20 per day. There is a $210 NON-REFUNDABLE Deposit/Administration Fee. Prorated rent plus $210 deposit is required for move-in.
Residents are responsible for their own food, toiletries, and laundry detergent. We ask residents to bring their own twin bedding, pillows, and towels…but we do have extras just in case. The North Star provides toilet paper, all cleaning products, trash bags, paper towels, light bulbs, etc. The kitchen is fully furnished with all amenities.
- You must be sober and actively seeking recovery in all areas of your life
- You must have a sponsor to meet with weekly and actively work the 12 steps
- You must attend at least 4 12-step meetings per week
- You must attend the weekly house meeting on Sundays @ 9:30pm
- You must get a job, go to school, or volunteer
- You must meet your financial obligation to the house and pay rent on time
- You must do your chores and help keep the house clean and organized
- You must find a home group and have a service commitment
- You must be considerate to your housemates
- You must be willing to follow suggestions
- You must follow house rules.
All the rules that have been created for the North Star are to ensure your safety and to provide the best chance for your recovery.